Have you ever had a question about the work we do? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
This section is a compilation of answers to the questions most commonly asked by our constituents. Just start by following one of the links below. If you can’t find the question you wanted to ask, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Our organization opens doors of equal opportunity for people affected by immigration law through extensive programs and services. CLIA has a staff composed of both immigration Attorneys and Department of Justice Accredited Representatives. We offer assistance in Spanish.
- CLIA is a nonprofit immigration law firm that offers low-cost services for low-income individuals. We were created due to a popular and pressing need for low-cost, high-quality immigration assistance.
- Our office offers a sliding scale.
- Our fees are significantly less than in local private attorneys.
- CLIA services are catered to low-income individuals or those who have suffered domestic violence. If you do not meet those criteria we offer a sliding scale to ensure that our services are cost-effective.
- Thanks to funding from various donors and grants our office is able to provide direct legal immigration services.
- We have a responsibility to our community and our donors and work hard to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization. We make our IRS Form 990 available for review, as required by law.
- CLIA analyzes all cases for eligibility, file the required forms, and adheres to high ethical standards to ensure sustainability and transparency.
- Fill out an intake form online, which can be found under New Client or pick up an intake at our office. You should be prepared to provide your phone number, address, the immigration-related concern you have, what country you are from, and when/how you entered the country. Our attorneys and DOJ-accredited legal representatives meet every Friday (unless it is a federal holiday) to discuss cases. You will be contacted before the following Friday about whether or not we can represent you.
- To become a client follow the link to fill out an intake form online and complete online or email to email@example.com with the subject line New Intake. You may also choose to mail us your intake at 3047 N 70th St Lincoln, NE 68507.
- FORMS HERE
© Copyright 2020. Center for Legal Immigration Assistance