Are you looking for a unique and rewarding volunteer experience? Volunteering with CLIA can have a meaningful, positive impact on your community.
We are looking for individuals who have experience facilitating communication between lawyers and clients, translating documents (Spanish to English), interpreting (English/Spanish or English/Arabic), and conducting research.
Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Do you want to meet and interact with people from over 90 countries? Are you a bilingual (Spanish/English or Arabic/English), customer service-oriented individual who wants to help open doors of equal opportunity for immigrants and refugees in the community of Lincoln, NE? Have you wanted to learn about the legal immigration process? Are you passionate about facilitating clear and timely communication between hundreds of clients and their lawyers or legal representatives? If so, we want you to join our team as a volunteer bilingual administrative assistant.
You will be asked to:
- answer phone calls from current clients and check the status of their case on BlueDot
- answer phone calls from prospective clients
- deliver messages to clients' lawyer or legal representative
- make appointments on Google Calendar
- greet walk-in clients/prospective clients and identify any questions or concerns they may have
- input data into BlueDot from mailings received from USCIS
- file documents that have been recorded in BlueDot
- translate documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.
- interpret appointments between monolingual clients and attorneys or legal representatives who do not speak Spanish or Arabic