Practice Areas

Why You Need the Best Lawyers

Clients need a legal resprenative that is on their side and not motivated by profit or expensive hourly fees. CLIA was created in 2001 to meet a demand for low-cost, high-quality legal immigration assistance.

Our office was created to help low income immigrants and those who have survived crimes obtain legal immigration assistance that they would otherwise not be able to afford or have access to.

What We Are Expert At

Legal Immigration Practice Areas

Adjustment of Status
Adoption & Birth Abroad Based

Divorce & Separation​ Based
Domestic Violence​ Based
Family Based
Marriage/Civil Unions Based
Replacement of Documents

Children, Adoption and Birth Abroad Based

As a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder), or U.S. Citizen, you can petition for your foreign-born child who is seeking to to immigrate to the United States and receive Lawful Permanent Residence Status.

Your child may have legal U.S. citizenship based on certain factors.

Selena T.

"I had no idea my child who had his green card could automatically become a citizen when I naturalized"

Domestic Violence and Other Crimes Based

The U nonimmigrant status (U Visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

Congress established the U-Visa category both as a form of relief for victims of certain crimes, and as an incentive for victims to help U.S. law enforcement authorities prosecute very serious offenders.

Gloria R

"I was in such a dark place and felt trapped. I did not know that there was a way for me to obtain status based on the abuse I endured."

Marriage, Civil Union Based

A marriage-based green card can be one of the quickest ways to obtain permanent residence. The marriage alone doesn’t provide any immigration status to a foreign national. However, marriage to a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident is a qualifying relationship for a foreign national to apply for immigration benefits.

Richard B.

"I did not know how complicated the process was to apply for my wife. I am thankful for CLIA for walking me through the process."

Permanent Residence

  • Through U or T Visa
  • Through Family
  • Through Marriage
  • Through Refugee or Asylee Status
  • Through a Religious Visa
  • Through the Visa lottery
  • There may be more options available

Citizenship & Naturlization

  • Through Naturalization
  • Through Parents
  • USC parent and birth abroad
  • Military base birth
  • Replacement certificate
  • There may be more options available

Humanitarian Relief

  • U & T Visa
  • VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)
  • Refugees & Asylum
  • Humanitarian Parole
  • Battered Spouse, Children & Parents
  • Victims of Human Trafficking & Other Crimes
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Deferred Action of Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • There may be more options available

Non-Immigrant Visas

  • Temporary Religious Visa
  • U-VISA
  • Visitors Visa
  • There may be more options available